While every effort has been made to make the level of activity and physical effort involved as clear as possible, these difficulty gradings are intended as an indication only.
- A gentle activity over level easy terrain (or equivalent) lasting up to 2 hours.
- All ages and abilities welcome. Time to stop, chat and stare.
- View Easy routes
- An activity over generally level terrain (or equivalent) lasting up to 3 hours.
- Likely to include some slight inclines or similar extra effort.
- View EasyPlus routes
- A more varied activity and/or varied terrain (or equivalent), typically a short day activity.
- Involving some extra effort for part of the day.
- View Moderate routes
- Typically a full day activity over varied terrain (or equivalent).
- Requiring stamina and/or more sustained effort.
- View ModeratePlus routes
- Activities with something ‘special’ which will appeal to the more experienced outdoor person.
- See event entry for details.
- View Challenging routes