This circular walk takes you deep into woodland along tracks which are not suitable for wheelchairs and buggies.
- Unsuitable for wheelchairs and buggies
Terrain: Varied surfaces
A mixture of bare earth and gravel paths. Surfaces can be muddy in places.
Some steady inclines and declines.
Barriers: Some barriers
Several narrow bridges/ platform bridges. Tree roots in places.
Report a route change
If you have followed this route and noticed any differences please report a route change by sending an email to:
Start – Car Park in Square, in front of Hotel
1. From the car park, walk up Moss Street past the Memorial and continue along the country road, past a car park on the right, through a metal gate and into the wood.
2. Take the next path on the left and walk for approximately ½ mile (10 – 15 minutes) where you take the path to the right.
3. Follow this path as it bears sharp right and continue walking until you come to to a crossroads of paths. (Short cut here, take the path to the right and continue straight back to the Square. This walk is 1 ¾ miles)
4. Continue straight over at crossroads and follow the track as it bears right.
5. Where the path splits, take the path to the right back to the car park and continue back to the Square.
Health Walk Co-Ordinator
- Eileen Bush
- E-mail: email@example.com