This circular walk takes you along quiet roads, which head out to the west of Elgin past some beautiful old buildings. The route is along good paths and roads, and is suitable for wheelchairs and buggies, although some of the route (Old Mills Road and Jock Inkson’s Brae) has no pavements and care is needed when walking along the road.
Accessibility: Accessible for all with care
Take care on road sections without pavements.
Some gentle inclines / declines.
Report a route change
If you have followed this route and noticed any differences please report a route change by sending an email to:
Start – Elgin Community Surgery, Highfield House and Elgin Health Centre, Maryhill
1. From either health centre walk to the roundabout in front of Dr Gray’s Hospital.
2. At the roundabout turn down Old Mills Road, a minor road with a brown sign for Mary Well.
3. Continue along Old Mills Road, passing the Old Mill & cross the River Lossie at Bow Bridge.
4. At the junction of Morriston Road, cross the road and turn left, walking along the footpath until you reach Eight Acres Hotel. Cross the road with care.
5. Walk down Sheriffmill Road, crossing the River Lossie again at the Bridge of Sheriffmills.
6. Turn left and walk along Jock Inkson’s Brae to rejoin Old Mills Road.
7. Turn right and walk back to Dr Gray’s roundabout and back to the start.
Health Walk Co-Ordinator
- Eileen Bush
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org