This is a circular walk from Mosstodloch, through mature forest along tarmac road and forest tracks. The tracks can be muddy when wet. Go quietly and you may see red squirrels.
- Unsuitable for wheelchairs and buggies
Terrain: Varied surfaces
A mixture of pavements, farm tracks and compacted earth paths. Can be muddy in wet weather and is quite exposed.
Report a route change
If you have followed this route and noticed any differences please report a route change by sending an email to:
Start – Balnacoul Car Park (Forestry Commission Offices, on the Rothes Road at Mosstodloch) or there are a few spaces at the Ian Baxter Picnic Site, just off the A96.
1.From the car park, cross the busy A96 with care and walk down the B9015, Garmouth Road.
2.Just before the Primary School, turn left and follow the road to the end.
3.Turn right through a metal gate, signposted to Stynie Wood. Folow the track and turn right at the end of the field.
4. Follow the main track as it bears round to the left and take the small path to the right, signposted with squirrel sign and small green arrow.
5. Follow the track back to the Garmouth Road, turn right and head back to Mosstodloch (take care as there are no pavements).
6. Cross the road back to Balnacoul car park.
Health Walk Co-Ordinator
- Eileen Bush
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org