This is a very pleasant walk with trees, flowerbeds and birds. The paths are all good although if it has been very wet they may be a little muddy in places. There are places to sit and rest throughout the walk. You’ll need to take care crossing over Bridge Street.
- Accessible for all users
Terrain: Paved footpaths & roads
Gravel footpaths can be muddy.
Gradient: Generally level
Mainly level but some downward slopes through park.
Report a route change
If you have followed this route and noticed any differences please report a route change by sending an email to:
This is a circular route, mostly on pavements with a downward slope through the park on the return journey. It is suitable for wheelchairs and buggies. Start – Health Centre on Strathcona Road
1. From the Health Centre, turn right and cross the bridge onto Orchard Street.
2. Turn right along the path beside the burn and cross the road at Bridge Street.
3. Walk along Invererne Road until you reach the footbridge, where you cross and turn down Gordon Street.
4. Turn right in front of Mosset Tavern and walk through the park to Castle Bridge.
5. Cross Bridge Street and turn left up towards the Post Office.
6. Turn right down the path by the Post Office and walk back to the Health Centre.