This is a pleasant circular walk, through town and woodland, including Cottage Wood. There are some long gradual slopes in the walk and the woodland paths need care, especially when wet. It is also fairly exposed in places and is not suitable for wheelchairs or buggies.
- Unsuitable for wheelchairs and buggies
Terrain: Varied surfaces
A mixture of tarmac pavements, bare earth woodland paths and a country road. Although reasonably quiet, please be vigilant of traffic on the road section.
A few long gradual slopes.
Barriers: Some barriers
Steps - located at entrance to Cottage Wood.
Report a route change
If you have followed this route and noticed any differences please report a route change by sending an email to:
Start – Regent Square, Fife Keith
1. From Regent Square, turn right and walk downhill along Regent Street to Nelson Terrace on the right. Walk along Nelson Terrace and at the end turn left onto Fife Street.
2. Take the next road on the right passing large grain stores on the right and Keith Golf Course on both sides. Continue to a wooded area on the right known as Cottage Wood or “Ladies Walk”. Access is by a set of steps leading to a path.
3. Follow the path through the wood to a junction with a path crossing diagonally up hill from the main A96 road. Turn right and continue to the Golf Course fence and follow the path alongside it.
4. Turn right and continue to the Golf Course fence and follow the path running alongside it. Turn right onto the path along the back of the house in Regent Court.
5. Turn right over a small bridge and into another wood. Follow the path to the end of the wood, keeping the Golf Course on the right.
6. Cross Mar Place and take the lane to the left of the small electricity sub station, leading between the backs of the houses and ending at Keith Golf Clubhouse car park.
7. Turn left and walk along side Fife Keith Park and onto a rough stone surface lane. At the end of the lane turn left onto Fife Street and continue back to Regent Square.